Change your Visa Status (B2 to F1)

English for Internationals is happy to provide the Form I-20 and Acceptance Letter for you to apply for a change of status. We recommend that you begin this process 60 days before your I-94 expires.

These are the steps to follow:

Bring these documents to English for Internationals:

  1. Certificate of Eligibility
  2. Copy of your passport
  3. Copy of your Visa
  4. Copy of your I94
  5. Financial support records for the previous 60 days. Contact us at to ask for details about financial requirements. Please be sure to tell us how many dependents are with you in the US.
  6. Application fee of $350. This includes the I-901 SEVIS fee ($200). The Application fee can be paid by check, cash or debit/credit card. Please note: this fee will be higher depending on how many dependents (F2s) you have.

Contact us at for a list of attorneys in the area that we recommend to help you with the application.

It’s that easy! Questions? Contact us!

Form for the prospective student to complete