Changing Your Visa Status
If you currently have a Tourist Visa B1/B2 or J-I Visa and need a Student Visa (F-1) English for Internationals can help you!
The US Government requires these forms to complete the change of status to a Student Visa (F-1).
|Form I-20 Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (F-1)Student Status For Academic and Language Students||Application Fee:||$150.00|
|Form I-901 Student and Exchange Visitor Program||SEVIS I-901 Processing fee:||$200.00|
|Form I-539 Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status||USCIS Processing Fee:||$290.00|
Please follow the Procedures below:
- Complete English for Internationals' Request for Certificate of Eligibility (Form I-20)
- Furnish English for Internationals with the financial reports requested. This is explained on page 1 of the Request for Certificate of Eligibility
- Furnish English for Internationals with copies of your valid passport.
- Furnish English for Internationals with copies of both sides of the I-94.
- Complete a Form I-539 from English for Internationals or internet www.immigration.gov
- Prepare a check, money order, or cashiers check made out to USCIS for $290.00.
- Prepare a check, money order, or cashiers check for English for Internationals for $350.00.
English for Internationals will prepare the Form I-20 and the Form I-901 from your Request for Certificate of Eligibility (Form I-20), and English for Internationals will send the Original I-20, bank statements, the I-539, the I-901, both sides of the I-94, photocopies of your passport and the $290.00 USCIS Processing Fee to:
P.O. Box 660166
Dallas, TX 75266
J-1 Visa Students MUST begin classes as F-1 Students as they have given up their J-1 Visa status. They, therefore, must maintain eligibility as an F-1 Visa student. (Officer Runde/BCIS/Section 214 & 248 9/04)
All other students can start taking classes; however, they are not registered as an F-1 Visa student. Processing time is approximately 4 months. (Informational Officer Ms. Karabanova/BCIS 9/04)