Moving to a different country, even for a short period of time, can be a terrifying idea. Fear of the unknown, dealing with a language gap, and leaving the comfort of your home country are all daunting reasons you may have for not taking the leap. However, being an AuPair has more pros than cons, especially if you are interested in learning English in Atlanta.
An au pair is an unmarried young adult aged 18 to 30 years, who has no children and travels to a foreign country for a defined period of time to live with a host family. The main purpose of the au pair placement is a cultural exchange, which gives the the au pair an opportunity to improve his or her language skills.
You’ll be considered a member of the family during your stay. As such, you’ll help the family with childcare and can be asked to assume some light household tasks. In return, the host family provides free board and lodging, and usually pocket money.
1. A great resume builder: Did you know being bilingual makes you more appealing to employers in the United States? A recent study found that demand for bilingual employees is expected to rise over the next 10 years, with 70 percent of employers predicting bilingual language skills will be highly sought after among job candidates.
2. You will master the English language: There really is no better way to master a language than to communicate with other native speakers. By spending most of your time with your host family, you’ll learn the little nuances of the English language and master your skills a lot faster!
3. Learn adaptability: Stepping out of your comfort zone is a great way to learn adaptability. This is an important skill to master in order to be a better problem solver, increase confidence, and be innovative. All of these qualities will be invaluable when pursuing a future career.
4. Develop leadership and management skills: Along with adaptability, being a strong leader is essential for your life and career. These skills are mastered when taking care of children and studying English in Atlanta. You’ll learn how to balance a part time job with your studies and grow your management skills in the process.
5. Gain incredible experiences in a new country: There are so many beautiful things to see and experience in Atlanta, Georgia! From National Parks to delicious southern food, you’ll be able to explore a brand-new place and gain irreplaceable memories.
English for Internationals is a great school to pursue your education while being an AuPair in the United States. The staff here at English for Internationals is ready to help you set you up for success. With convenient class schedules, English for Internationals is among the top-rated and preferred Atlanta English schools.
Give us a call today at 770-766-3932 or contact us on our website. We’re looking forward to hearing from you and being a part of your education